Dr Ng Chee Yung
Senior Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Adjunct Asst Professor
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore
Former President, Society of Colorectal Surgeons Singapore
Singapore Colorectal Surgeon, Dr Ng has been in clinical practice for over 20 years with more than 10 years as a specialist colorectal surgeon. He is honoured to be former President of the Society of Colorectal Surgeons Singapore (SCRS).
His passion has been in advancing the practice of (keyhole) minimally invasive surgery (MIS). These days, Dr Ng routinely employs MIS for both simple (e.g. appendix, gallbladder) and complicated (e.g. colorectal cancer) cases.
He also has rare expertise in advanced techniques such as robotic surgery, pelvic and para-aortic lymph node clearance, transanal endoscopic surgery and colonic stenting.
Dr Ng’s surgical expertise has been recognised locally and internationally. He has been lecturing regularly on his experience in MIS and also performing numerous live demonstration surgery in local and international surgical conferences and workshops. A proud moment for him came in November 2015, when Dr Ng performed live demonstration of his robotic colorectal surgery technique at an international surgical conference, the 2015 ISLCRS (International Society of Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeons) Congress, a first for a Singapore colorectal surgeon. So far he has showcased his surgery in Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Myanmar, Taiwan and Indonesia.
Dr Ng’s other clinical interest is in laparoscopic hernia repair, having also achieved international recognition with regular invitations to lecture and teach. He has also performed live demonstrations of his hernia repair technique locally and internationally at numerous surgical workshops and conferences.
Dr Ng is an active contributor to the worldwide body of medical knowledge, having authored numerous scientific publications on a wide range of topics including head & neck surgery, urology, general surgery, colorectal surgery and radiology. His most recent publications are on his personal outcomes from his cancer surgery and colonic stenting.
Dr Ng has always believed that teaching in medicine is both a duty and an honour. In recognition of his academic efforts, he was awarded an adjunct professorial title since 2011. He continues to teach students and surgical trainees with a passion.
- Former President, Society of Colorectal Surgeons Singapore
- Adj Asst Professor, National University Singapore (Since 2011)
- Adj Asst Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School (Since 2011)
- Consultant Surgeon, Tan Tock Seng Hospital (Until 2011)
- Senior Consultant Surgeon, Singapore General Hospital (Until 2016)
- Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), University of Western Australia 1997
- Associate Fellow Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (AFRCSI) 2002
- Master of Medicine in Surgery (MMed Surg), National Univerity of Singapore 2003
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd Gen) 2007
- Fellow of Academy of Medicine Singapore 2016
Fellowship and Further Training:
- Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia 2008
- DaVinci Surgery Console Certification, Hong Kong 2010
- DaVinci Surgery Advanced Colorectal Surgery Certification, Yonsei University Severance Hospital, South Korea 2010
Previous Hospital Appointments:
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Tan Tock Seng Hospital 2009
- Deputy Director Endoscopy Centre, Tan Tock Seng Hospital 2010
- Director Centre for Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital 2010
- Medical Board member, Tan Tock Seng Hospital 2011
- Senior Consultant Colorectal surgeon, Singapore General Hospital 2014
- Director Centre for Digestive and Liver Diseases, Singapore General Hospital 2015
LEAVE A MESSAGE