Dr Leonard Ho
Senior Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Dr Leonard Ho is an accredited General and Colorectal Surgeon in Singapore with over a decade of clinical practice, including a specialisation in colorectal surgery and subspecialty interest in minimally invasive surgery (MIS)
Before entering private practice, Dr Ho served as senior consultant surgeon in the Colorectal Service, Sengkang General Hospital where he was one of the lead surgeons in performing Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision (TaTME) and minimally invasive surgery for colorectal resections (MIS) .
After graduating from medical school at the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2003, Dr Ho completed basic and advanced surgical training in 2005 and 2010, and then passed his surgical exit exam in 2015. Subsequently in 2019, Dr Ho was awarded a MOH HMDP fellowship. Under the tutelage of Professor William Chen in the China Medical University Hospital (CMUH), Taiwan, Dr Ho underwent further training in the area of advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
Dr Ho is experienced in performing a range of MIS colorectal operations. Apart from proctology and laparoscopic colorectal resections, Dr Ho performs transanal total mesorectal excision (TaTME), colorectal resections with intra corporeal anastomosis (ICA), natural orifice specimen extractions (NOSE) and laser hemorrhoidoplasty (LHP). General surgical procedures
performed include hernia and gallbladder surgery, appendicectomy while endoscopic procedures undertaken include gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
When he is not operating, Dr Ho is involved in mentoring other junior surgical residents in surgery or tutoring medical students from the various medical schools. For these contributions, Dr Ho was appointed as Adjunct Assistant Professor from NUS and Duke - NUS medical schools.
Dr Ho’s goals are to ensure the wellbeing of his patients, and to perform surgery meticulously and safely. Outside of his busy schedule, Dr Ho treasures every moment he spends with his family, which also includes his canine fur kid.
- Senior Consultant Surgeon in the Colorectal Service at Sengkang General Hospital
- Adjunct Assistant Professor Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Singapore
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke NUS Medical School
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), National University of Singapore, 2003
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS), 2007
- Master of Medicine in Surgery (MMed Surg), National University of Singapore 2008
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS), 2015
Fellowship and Further Training:
- Basic and advanced surgical training, 2005 & 2010
- Ministry of Health (MOH) HMDP fellowship - Advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery training, China Medical University Hospital (CMUH) 2019
LEAVE A MESSAGE